Unit focused on education, research, service, technological development and extension in the health of women, children and adolescents.
The Institute also operates in the areas of technological development in health, national and international cooperation and networks coordination such as the Brazilian Network and the Iberoamerican Program of Human Milk Banks, the Brazilian Neonatal Research Network, among others. Includes also the National Network of Clinical Research and the Brazilian Network for Health Technology Assessment.
- Reference activities in pediatrics, pediatric surgery, medical genetics, neonatology, food and nutrition, gynecology, obstetrics, pediatrics, pathology, clinical pathology and human milk bank. Its target audience are women, children and adolescents referred to the SUS services.
- Teaching and assistance activities, aiming the investigation the health of women, children and adolescents.
- Basic research, applied, biomedical and social sciences in health, as well as innovation and technological development.
- Stricto sensu graduation courses: doctorate, academic and professional master´s degree.
- Lato sensu graduation courses: specialization, medical residency and nursing residency and improvement courses.
- Updating and professional training and curricular internship program.
Avenida Rui Barbosa 716, Flamengo, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, CEP 22.250-020
Monday to Friday from 8h to 17h except holidays. Care of patients admitted to the National Regulation System (Sisreg): every day, 24 hours a day.