Unit with direct performance on health surveillance. It is national reference for laboratory-analytical issues relating to quality control of food, medicines, cosmetics, and supplies for dialysis and health, sets, diagnostic reagents and supplies, sanitizing products, blood and blood products, environmental health and biological products.
To comply with its role under the National Health Surveillance System (SNVS), the institute carries out laboratory analysis provided in the health legislation only to the public authority.
- Quality control of products for human consumption, including food, medicines, blood and blood products, biopharmaceuticals, cosmetics, sanitizing products, diagnostic reagents and medical supplies in general.
- Establishing standards and methodologies for quality control of laboratory network of SUS.
- Training professionals in its area of competence for health and science and technology system in the country (graduate).
- Promotion of regulatory actions in partnership with the health surveillance agency.
- Technical assistance, as a reference unit, to national network of laboratories for quality control in health.
Avenida Brasil 4.365, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, CEP 21.040-900, INCQS building (next to the nursery)
(21) 3865-5151 / fax (21) 2290-0915
Monday to Friday from 8h to 17h except holidays.