The Institute of Drug Technology (Farmanguinhos) is currently the largest official pharmaceutical laboratory linked to the Ministry of Health. Farmanguinhos produces over one billion of medicines per year for the strategic programs of the Federal Government, which are distributed to the population by the Unified Health System (SUS), and meet emergency demands in Brazil and abroad.
Among the products produced by the Institute are antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, anti-infectives, antiulcerantes, pain relievers, medicines for endemic diseases such as malaria and tuberculosis, antiretroviral AIDS, medicines for cardiovascular and central nervous system and programs diabetes and hypertension. Currently, the institute can produce more than 50 different types of medicines, according to the needs of SUS.
Farmanguinhos plays a strategic role by acting as a regulator of market prices of antiretroviral drugs. Thus, the Institute stands out in the struggle for cost reduction, which contributes to more Brazilians have access to public health programs.
- Medicines Production.
- Stricto sensu graduation course, professional master's degree in management, research and development in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Lato sensu graduation course: specialization course in Innovation Management in Phytomedicine (Fito) and a specialization course in pharmaceutical industry technology (TIF).
- Improvement and updating courses.
- Research and technological development in chemical synthesis.
- Research and technological development in natural products chemistry.
- Applied Pharmacology.
Avenida Comandante Guaranis 447, Jacarepaguá, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, CEP 22.775-610
Monday to Friday from 8h to 17h except holidays.