Unit focused on clinical research, education, referral services and assistance in infectious diseases. Integrates the Clinical Research Network.
- Medical Care Reference in infectious diseases, including outpatient appointments, tests, hospitalization and day hospital. There are treated patients with HIV / AIDS, HTLV, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), Chagas disease, toxoplasmosis, leishmaniasis, mycoses (sporotrichosis, paracoccidioidomycosis, histoplasmosis, aspergillosis, cryptococcosis), tuberculosis, acute febrile diseases (dengue, malaria, influenza, measles, leptospirosis, among others.) as well as people who have suffered accidents with poisonous animals (snakes, scorpions and spiders).
- Care service at the Reference Center for Special Immunobiological (vaccination).
- Travel medicine consultations.
- Conducting tests of reference for the SUS health services (diagnostic tests in mycology and leishmaniasis).
- Education: specialized courses in various topics of infectious diseases, in addition to curricular internship program, residency, specialization course for foreign doctors and masters program and academic doctorate in clinical research in infectious diseases and professional master degree in clinical research.
- Conducting clinical trials on prevention, treatment, diagnosis and factors relating to infectious diseases.
Avenida Brasil 4.365, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, CEP 21.040-900, Gaspar Vianna Pavilion
Day Hospital and general care: Monday to Friday, from 8h to 17h, except holidays.
Hospital Center: 24 hours a day, every day of the week, including holidays.
Education: public service from Monday to Friday, 9hto 16h, except holidays.