Serviços 
O conteúdo desse portal pode ser acessível em Libras usando o VLibras
Início do conteúdo

22/08/2019

Fiocruz signs an agreement with Oxford University


Julia Dias

Fiocruz President, Nísia Trindade Lima, and the representative of The Global Health Network (TGHN), Trudie Lang, of Oxford University, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on July 31.

The partnership defines the establishment of a knowledge sharing center by Fiocruz, incorporated to The Global Health Network online platform. This sharing center will be complementing the Foundation’s dissemination activities, giving visibility to its activities of research, teaching and capacity development to an international public.

The partnership includes a training program through health research and work force in Portuguese-speaking countries (photo: Peter Ilicciev)

 

TGHN is a young and small organization that has been growing quickly, with its approach of sharing knowledge and building practice communities.
“I am very happy. This signing is the celebration of a work that began a year ago and will be an important display window for our teaching projects, with plenty of potential to contribute with research and public health in the world”, celebrated the Foundation’s president. Nísia stated that the cooperation is possible thanks to the common goals shared by the two institutions, including a strong belief that public health can be improved through research.

The partnership, which was first outlined in 2018, hopes to respond to the need to improve research capacity all over the world to generate evidence regarding diseases, places and communities where these data are lacking. “Today 90% of the world’s research benefit about 10% of the population. Our effort means to include the remaining 90%”, explains Trudie Lang.

One of the goals of the partnership is to qualify, with virtual courses, health research and work force in Portuguese-speaking countries. With its initial focus in Angola, Fiocruz and The Global Health Network will be cooperating with local research organizations to promote access to training, support, tools and resourses for local health work - all in Portuguese. The goal is to overcome the language barrier to carry out research, offering healthcare profess.

Back to the topBack