Unit dedicated to preserving the memory of the institution and research activities, teaching, documentation and dissemination of the history of public health and biomedical sciences in Brazil. COC is the home of the most significant collection of documents of health of Brazil and the only post-graduation in the history of science and health in the country. Edits the quarterly journal História, Ciência, Saúde – Manguinhos (History, Science, and Health – Manguinhos). Preserve the architectural heritage of Fiocruz, coordinating information networks in Latin America and, since 1999, popularizes science through the Museum of Life, which receives about 200,000 people per year.
- Refer to the file (movies, photos and text documents since the 18th century).
- Stricto Sensu Graduation Programs: master’s and doctorate in history of science and health.
- Lato Sensu Graduation Programs: specialization in dissemination of science, technology and health, specialization in preservation and management of cultural heritage of sciences and health, specialization in the history of health in the Amazon.
- Training courses in conservation of cultural goods.
- Itinerant Museum of Mobile Science.
- Circuit for visiting the Museum of Life.
- Library of History of Science and Health.
- Library of Education and Science Information.
- Course and technical assistance in management of documents and files (Sigda).
Avenida Brasil 4.365, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, CEP 21.040-900, Clock Pavilion
To refer the Historical Files, stricto sensu graduation, Library of History of Science and Health and Document and Files Management System (Sigda):
Avenida Brasil 4.036, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, CEP 21.040-361, Building Expansion
General: (21) 3865-2121
Department of Historical Heritage: (21) 3865-2264
Museum of Life: (21) 2590-6747
File: (21) 3882-9124
Library: (21) 3882-9087 / 9088
Sigda: (21) 3882-9081
Academic Secretary: (21) 3865-2234
Monday to Friday from 8h to 17h except holidays.
Museum of Life: from Tuesday to Friday, 9h to 16:30h (with prior appointment), and on Saturdays from 10h to 16h (free)