It is focused on training and development of human resources for the Unified Health System (SUS) and on the system of science and technology, scientific and technological production and provision of reference services in the field of public health. Participates in health public policy discussions and promote courses to train professionals committed to the transformation of the Brazilian social context.
It also maintains four areas focused on the maintenance and development of reference services, specialized in the analysis and discussion of health problems of the Brazilian population: the Collaborating Center in Pharmaceutical Policy Area, the Centre of Studies of Worker's Health and Human Ecology (Cesteh), the Germano Sinval Faria School Health Center (CSEGSF) and the Centre for Surveillance and Monitoring of Disease.
Performs actions of technical and scientific cooperation, supporting developing countries in Latin America, Caribbean and Africa to projects with developed countries. It aims to contribute to the consolidation of Brazil's role in the public health scenario at the international sphere, through a technical and political dynamic that can enhance the actions of exchanges, generation, dissemination and application of knowledge produced by the scope of technical and scientific activities of Ensp.
The distance learning (ODL) of Ensp has guided its actions on the assumptions of Continuing Education in Health and in partnership with the Ministry of Health. Promotes courses in lato sensu graduation and professional education.
- Stricto sensu graduation: Masters, professional masters degree and doctorate in health, public health and environment and public health epidemiology.
- Lato sensu graduation: covers wide range of courses in terms of specialization, improvement and upgrading programs available through on-site or distance learning.
- School of Government, it is proposed to structure the training and continuing education of managers and professionals, incorporating the characteristics of modern management systems, services, organizations and programs, construction of permanent education processes, the alliance between labor and formation and consolidation of cooperation networks.
- Germano Sinval Faria School Health Center: provision of multidisciplinary care, through promotion, prevention and health care, and develop teaching, research and public health information.
- Center for the Study of Worker´s Health and Human Ecology (Cesteh): reference to the Ministry of Health in the actions of health, labor and environment. Its objectives are: to train human resources for the area, through specialization courses, master and doctorate; to develop studies and research on the relationship between work, health and environment, stimulating the development of new methodologies, as well as the proposition and evaluation of public policies ; and to develop technical cooperation activities, especially among the Health secretaries of the states and municipalities, technical and scientific institutions, unions and government ministries.
- Integrated Health Care Territories (Teias): aims to develop in Manguinhos a healthy integrated territory as an innovation space for practices of care, teaching and generation of scientific and technological knowledge that translates into improvements of the current condition of health and life of the subjected population, through cooperation between the Ensp / Fiocruz and the city of Rio de Janeiro.
Rua Leopoldo Bulhões 1.480, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, CEP 21.041-210
(21) 2598-2525 and (21) 2598-2730 or 08000-230085 (Academic Management Services)
Monday to Friday from 8h to 17h except holidays.