Unit focused on the production of laboratory animals and derivatives. Produces and maintains rodents, lagomorphs, sheep, goats, horses and nonhuman primates. Performs control of animal quality and vivarium environments. It also works on the development of animal biotechnology.
- Supply of mouse, rats, hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs and nonhuman primates.
- Supply of blood and blood products of animal species in creation.
- Performance of microbiological, parasitological, genetic, histological and hematological tests focused on animal certification.
- Development and application of cryopreservation techniques of embryos, gametes and transgeneses.
- Development and improvement courses in laboratory animal science.
Avenida Brasil 4.365, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, CEP 21.040-900, Cecal building (next to Dirac)
Monday to Friday from 8h to 17h except holidays.